Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution...Fulfilled!!!

Who keeps New Year's Resolutions...we do.  Case in point...this post!

As many people were partying it up on New Year's Eve - the Hunts were sleeping (9:30 bedtime...and the party just don't stop!!!).  So in honor of the festivities that we slept through, I've decided to post my first ever recipe...for a drink...consumed mostly by women...but it's really good...so just embrace the awesomeness. 

Kelly and I were able to honeymoon in Hawaii - one of the most incredible places I've ever visited.  Mai Tai's are big in Hawaii, and I think I had one with dinner each night - they were amazing!  I've tried to create what I think is a pretty awesome mai-tai (I've looked on line and I think this recipe is slightly unique).  Here we go...

Ingredients:
Ice
6 oz Pineapple Juice
2 oz Rum (I think you could use either white or gold here and can also cut the rum to a single ounce if this is too much for you)
1 oz Coconut Rum
1 oz Triple Sec (we only have Gran Marnier in the house, which is probably unnecessary, but you've got to use what you've got)
1 oz Grenadine
Juice of half an orange
Juice of half a lime

Fill a large drink shaker (or nalgine bottle) about a third full with ice.  Add the ingredients and shake for about 20 seconds.  Strain out into a small glass with ice.  Makes two drinks - for the fellas, for the ladies, either way it is delicious!



(There's a lot going on here in terms of garnishments...I'm counting six things sticking out of this drink!  That's about six too many!)

No comments:

Post a Comment