Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution...More Posts!!!

I know what the people want...more Chillin and Illin posts!  So this year's new years resolution is more posts! 

First things first - a comment about Kelly's last awesome post.  It is kind of amazing to see how many people will assume they know a little too much about the baby not growing in their womb.  Unfortunately I had a few run-ins with female co-workers providing a little too much information as Kelly's due date approached.  Here's my top one list (that's right, not top ten, not top three, top one) regarding the big don't when it comes to talking with the fellas about their wife's impending delivery...

1.  Don't go into details about how your lady business reacted when you had your baby.

Yes folks, it's just that simple - leave the lady parts out of ANY conversation with a dude.  Just not cool.  A few weeks ago I had the following conversation:

Co-worker:  I hope your wife is able to deliver vaginally (okay, not that bad yet)
Me:  Me too, we'll see.
Co-worker:  I had to have a c-section because my canal just kept closing up.  I mean, my canal just couldn't open wide enough to handle it.
Me:  (thinking) I'm sorry? 
Co-worker:  You see, that's the thing about the canal...
Me:  (thinking) Thank goodness I just threw up a little in my mouth, because otherwise, I think I would have passed out...

Anyway, she broke the one single rule many times.  If she would have given me a quarter for each time she used the term, "my canal" in the conversation, I would have walked out with a $20 bill in my pocket.  The only canal I want to EVER talk about starts either with Erie, Panama, or Suez.  Ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment