Saturday, August 14, 2010

Game On!!!

Whoever thought that starting a blog would be old school?  I guess MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter have really taken us far away from what - 2006.  I'm guessing that was the high water mark of the blogging universe, as all of the names I tried for this blog (and yes, in case you're wondering, someone had already taken "The Awesomeness of Me") were snatched up in 2006.  Kind of crazy.  Anyway, this blog is the answer to the question of what you get when you don't have a Twitter account, generally don't have a lot of time to communicate with a lot of people, and your Facebook profile still lists you as childless despite the fact that you have an 18 month old.


From what I've gathered, most folks have some sort of angle that distinguishes their blog from other blogs (another reason I was bummed that "The Awesomeness of Me" was taken).  Ideally, we'll talk about the fam, along with a little talkie talkie about photography, cooking, the adventures of taking care of our one acre lot (and trying to deter the deer that terrorize it), non-fiction books, and a hearty dose of our beloved Washington Redskins.  As far as angles go, I think I've just alienated just about everyone in the country, so we'll see how that works out (somehow I think national syndication is now sadly out of reach).  Either way, we'll be just riffin - so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment