Friday, September 10, 2010

Quick Redskins Note


No, I did not photoshop the koozie on that sippy cup.  For a few days these past two weeks, Harper refused to drink her milk unless the Skins' koozie was on the cup.  I can only assume that this means good things for our beloved Redskins this season.  Speaking of, if McNabb stays healthy, I think they go 9-7, if he's not healthy, 6-10.  Also, can we come up with another adjective to describe the Redskins' new defensive scheme rather than "ball-hawking"?  Seriously, can we please put that term to rest when Ed Reed retires.  (as an aside, here's a ball hawk definition that tries a little too hard to tie balls to hawks...http://www.sportstechnocenter.com/BallHawk.htm)

Week 1 Prediction:  Redskins 34, Cowboys 28  (injuries on the offensive line (missing two starters) will hurt Dallas, who had a rough pre-season, and I think Moss and Portis have big games).  Also, for those of you who don't know, yes, I'll be picking the Redskins to win every game this year (despite the aforementioned 9-7 season prediction).

A funny post that I read in the Washington Post two days ago...

Rookie left tackle Trent Williams took the practice field Thursday wearing a new uniform number - No. 71. "It was my old number," Williams said. "I originally wanted that number."

When Williams joined the Redskins, No. 71 was already taken by fellow lineman Mike Williams. But just because Trent Williams was the Redskins' first-round draft pick, he didn't have the ability to simply swipe someone else's number. He immediately began discussions with Mike Williams, trying to figure out what it'd take for Big Mike to relinquish No. 71.

"We was in negotiations," Trent Williams said. "Then it worked out that he's not with us this year, so I ended up getting it."

Okay, so for those of you who don't know, Mike Williams had blood clots, and will sit out the entire season, but seriously, doesn't Trent Williams sound like the godfather here?!?!  "Then it worked out that he's not with us..."  Yikes!  Who is he getting to work these things out, Tony Soprano? 

So I think I want to change my season prediction to 16-0 with that kind of muscle in the house this year.  Tony Romo and some other Dallas Cowboy starters may have themselves a little "accident" prior to the game on Sunday, courtesy of some of Trent Williams' business associates.  Somehow I amazingly see the Redskins covering the points spread every week this season...

No comments:

Post a Comment