Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Belly Button

I (Kelly) have just passed a milestone of pregnancy today.  I'm almost to the third trimester, and will be 27 weeks along on Friday, but the milestone I'm talking about relates to this one small, funny little body part.  My belly button has "popped out."  It still looks more like a raised crater or something weird like that, but it's out, and starting to show in shirts a bit.  As a small child, my belly button was more of an "outie," but since I can really remember, it has been an "innie" (and is that really how you spell "innie?"  What a funny word for a funny body party).  Is it because of excess skin that it's an innie now when not pregnant (and by excess skin, I mean the kind that comes from eating too many donuts)?  One of those questions I may never know the answer to....I think I can live with that.

Harper loves to point out body parts now, and she really thinks bellies are fun.  However, I will warn you, if you ask her where her belly is, be prepared to lift up YOUR shirt too, because after she shows you hers, she always goes in for a peek of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment