Saturday, September 25, 2010

Redskins Week 3 Preview!!!

Okay, this will be quick, because this game should be pretty one-sided.  I'm thinking somewhere around the neighborhood of:  Redskins 105, Rams 3.  Kareem Moore's return to free safety should be enough to create plenty of havoc in the passing game, especially with the Rams starting Sam Bradford, a rookie QB.  The Rams also have an awful run defense, so Portis and the running game should get going.  I think the Skins should put up a ton of points tomorrow (105 points is 25 touchdowns...only one every four minutes - actually not as crazy as I thought it would be). 

In related news - while last week's game was definitely a below the belt punch to the Redskins' early season hopes, it was great to watch.  It reminded me of another loss that was almost as much fun to watch - the Redskins - Bucs game from 2005 (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251113027).  Anyway, the Redskins have been so miserable to watch the last few years, that an exciting game with a lot of points was just too much for a fan to ask for.  I think I'd take an exciting loss to a low scoring, ugly victory just about every time. 

Also, not to toot my own horn last week - but toot toot!!!  You read it here first - Arian Foster held way under 100 yards rushing, yet Andre Johnson ended up torching the secondary.  I'm sure I'll be back again next week to look for validation for my "score in four" (minutes) theory, after the Skins put up 105.  You may not know it, but you come to this blog for cute Harper information, and groundbreaking Redskins analysis...about a tenth of which may actually come true. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, for in-depth Skins insight (e.g. what former high draft pick Heath Shuler may have eaten for breakfast), it's Chilling & Illin with the Hunts and Brooding Burgundy for me.

    ReplyDelete